Monday, November 7, 2011

texas twist (hair tutorial)

Doing a Texas twist is very similar to a french braid, only you use two pieces of hair instead of three.  

First, split hair all the way down from the forehead to the neck.  Take two small bunches of hair from near the face and twist them around each other once so the top bunch is on the bottom, and the bottom on the top(picture 1). 

 Add another small bunch of hair to the bottom bunch and twist to the top.  Keep adding small amounts of hair to the bunches as you work your way down the side of the head. (Pictures 2 and 3)  Once you finish using all the hair on one side, you will want to secure the bunch so it doesn't come untwisted while you do the other side of the head.  If you are doing your own hair you may want to get someone to hold it for you, if you are doing it for someone else, have them hold it. (picture 3)




 Once you have finished both sides, twist the two bunches together and secure with a hair tie. (Picture 4)
Here are a few ideas of what to do with the pony tail ~
  • Braid it.
  • Curl it. (a curling iron or sponge rollers work well)
  • Leave the pony tail.
  • Add flowers, ribbon, or a bow.
  • You can also do a Texas twist all the way around and have a pony tail over your shoulder as I did in the pictures below.


There are a few other ways I have used a Texas twist which take a little more explanation, I will post on them some other time.  It is such a simple style once you do it a few times, plus you can do so many different things with it. Be creative! Let me know what you come up with, I'd love to hear!

 I would like to say "thank you" to my older sister Haley for taking all the pictures for me!

3 comments:

Leah said...

What great ideas!
I'll have to try this out. :-)
Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Leah

Lil said...

BEAUTIFUL hairstyle, I love it! I will definitely have to try it. Very clear tutorial-thanks so much! =)
~Lily~
P.S. I love your blog, Lydia!

Lil said...

Thanks for your comment!!! =)
~Lily~