Monday, August 20, 2012
In the book, Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow, she speaks of a missionary woman she knew. This lady lived in Africa, in a mud hut. And Linda said she was one of the most content people she had ever met. She asked the missionary woman for her secret to contentment and this was her response:
1. Never allow yourself to complain about anything, not even the weather.
2. Never picture yourself in a different circumstance or someplace else.
3. Never compare your lot with the lot of another.
4. Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
5. Never dwell on tomorrow. Remember it is God’s, and not ours.
The other day I came across the blog Grace Full Momma. It's directed toward married women, but we can apply all these things in our relationship with our fathers. I have been greatly encouraged by this blog to build my father up and have a spirit of contentment among many other convicting topics. This post was taken from an article on the blog, I encourage you to go read the rest of the post and I'm sure you will find many other treasures on the blog as well!
Posted by Lydia