Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Banana Muffins~recipe

The other day I made some banana muffins, they turned out pretty good!  I made them nice and small so they made a perfect snack for Bright Lights.  


 Banana Bread Muffins:

Mix together thoroughly:
  • 2/3 C. sugar
  • 1/3 C. soft shortening
  • 2 eggs
Stirr in:
  • 3 T. milk
  • 1 C. mashed bananas (two is fine)
Sift together and stir in:
  • 2 C. flour
  • 1 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. soda
  • 1/2 t. salt
Blend in:
  • 1/2 C chopped nuts
Pour into well-greased 9x5 loaf pan, or muffin tins.  Let stand 20 min. before baking.  Bake at 350 For 50-60 min.




Our family makes homemade bread~ *delicious*, well, a few months ago I was making a loaf for dinner.  I finished putting all the ingredents in the pan, put it in the bread machine, and started it up.  It wasn't long before I heard a sloshing noise coming from the bread machiene, and thought I had better see what was wrong since it didn't usually make that noise.  I opened the bread machiene and beleive it or not I had forgotten the flour! 

What is your most funny cooking mistake?

1 comment:

Leah said...

Mmm... Yum!

Those look great!

I make so many mistakes when I am cooking, but my biggest was when I accidentally added several cups of baking power instead of table spoons! Thankfully my mom caught me before I put it in the oven and we were able to scoop it out. :-)

Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Blessings,
Leah