Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bright Lights

Hello all!

We had a great time at Bright Lights last night!

We talked about contentment, and how we will just take things like eyesight for granted.

What is the most frequently used excuse when you encourage someone to memorize scripture?

The topic of the month: Memorization.............

Some tactics on how to memorize scripture.

1. Read the scripture at least once a day.

2. If you find it hard to remember more than one verse a week, than just pick a verse that you like, and work on that verse until you have it perfect. Then move on to more verses per week.

3. Sometimes if the verse is too long for me to get it in one day, I will just work on it line by line, or even word by word.

4. If you are trying to get the scripture memorized word perfect, it will take a little more time. I suggest that after you have the verse pretty well, have someone read along while you recite, so they can help tell you when you have made a mistake (try not to get too irritated when they keep correcting you! I must confess that I have a hard time with that one). Even if you aren't trying to memorize word perfect, it helps to have someone read along.

5. Keep on working on the scripture, if you take a break from memorising for even a few days it is harder to recite when you start again.

With that said, I encourage each of you to memorize your Birthday Proverb. I will explain what this is. Since there are at the most 31 days in a month, and there are 31 chapters in the book of Proverbs, each day of the month has a Proverb for that day. Since my birthday is on the 9th, my Proverb would be Proverbs Chapter 9. Do you understand? If you don't, PLEASE leave a comment to tell me so I can explain it more, because I want as many people as I can get to memorize scripture.

This is a great excersize for your brain!

I hope to get many reports on how well you are doing on your memorization!

No comments: