Friday, August 28, 2009

Witnessing story!

We did a chalk art class at our house a few weeks ago. We bought the home study DVDs from Eternity Arts and invited some friends over to have a class together. Building the practice easels was a good family project!

I have a fun witnessing story that I thought you would like to hear!

The day before, we needed the black light for the chalk art class that we were doing. I went with Dad, Mom, Vince, and Noela to the store to get the supplies that we needed for black light the next day. We were also going to Meijers to buy Vince a swimming mask.

As we drove into the parking lot I noticed a bus stop with a group of very sad, quiet looking people waiting for the bus to come. I said, "We should go to that bus stop." Dad answered, "Yes we should witness to those people, see how sad they look." Almost nobody was talking, they all looked very sad, everyone was just sitting there with nothing to do. We drove the van to the front of the store and dropped Vince and Dad off to buy the mask. Then Mom drove me over to the bus stop. I said, " Are we really going to do it?" She answered, " Let's just think, first we should pray for them." So we prayed, then Mom said, " Get at least 10 $1.00 dollar bills, and put one in each track. When you hand the person the track say, ' Here is something for you to read and money for your bus fair.' " I was asking Mom to please go with me because I was scared, but I knew that I would be so glad that I had done it when I was done.

We got out of the van and started to walk toward the closest person, I stepped up and said what Mom had told me to with a big smile. He looked with a very surprised face and said, "Thank you!" I did this to each person and every one sat up with smiles and started to share them with their friends. As we walked away, all seven people were reading and laughing!

The man and some girls waved goodbye, as we drove to pick up Dad and Vince.

It was amazing to see how just a little thing like that could make their day! It made mine too, just think seven more souls hearing about Jesus!

We have been reading the book called, "One Thing You Can't do in Heaven." I have learned a lot from reading the interesting examples and stories.

Since then I have already done it a few more times, and gotten a lot more excited about witnessing!

No comments: