Tuesday, May 17, 2011

~ The Moon ~



I have always had a hard time getting night pictures.  Does anyone have any tips on how I could improve them or how to set up your camera to take them better?  They didn't turn out very clear though I used a tripod.



Our Bright Lights group is memorizing Psalm 119, we each have eight verses that we have to memorize in a month.   There are 22 sections of eight verses each in Psalm 119 and we have 23 girls.  The girls are all excited to get started!  It will be fun to be able to say that we have Psalm 119 memorized : )  I will record when we get together to recite it and share it with you all.


"Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth. " Isaiah 40:26

P.S.  Stay tuned for a portrait contest!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I take pictures of the moon all the time, so I thought I'd share some of my tips. I learned through trial and error and eventually found my way to the setting "program" (or manual, on some cameras). Here goes...
You should shoot in program, if you don't already. It's also helpful to turn up your ISO to 6400 or 3200 (or 1600) for faster shutter speed. It makes the phot grainier in daylight, but at night it doesn't matter, your picture will be grainy because of darkness anyway. When in program, try turning your exposure down or up a few stops. Experiment! (Look in your manual or online for a manual on how to adjust F-stops- every camera is VERY different). Zoom in as far as you can, while zooming, keep the camera focused on the moon. (Don't let it too far out of the lens vision). If you don't have program, try landscape or the infinity setting. Manual focus is a good setting too.
Also, have someone help you hold the camera, or put it on a tripod, car, someone's head (l.o.l.), etc. Hope that helps! (and makes sense) Other than that, I'm still learning myself! :-)
I've been memorizing Psalm 119, too!