Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Awkward

I was volunteering at the zoo in the petting area today. In the morning there was some work to do, cleaning the goats indoor stalls, feeding them (it was the cutest thing ever to give them their bottles!), and pretty much sitting around the rest of the time.  Quite a few people came in to pet the goats with their children.  One man was petting the kids and talking to his little girls, he said, "These aren't lambs, what are they?"  I thought he was asking me a question so I quickly answered that they were goats, but within a few seconds I noticed that he was not talking to me, but his little girls!  Quite embarrassing!!  He didn't seem to mind, but just looked at me and said, "You're right!!"

1 comment:

Erin said...

I hate moments like these...I always cringe when I think about them :)

Erin